After last week's disappointing blowout loss to No. 12 Iowa, Indiana will look to rebound on Saturday as heavy favorites at home against Idaho, which has posted just one winning season in the past decade.
The ability to schedule what is projected to be an easy win comes at a significant cost: Indiana will pay the Vandals $1.2 million to visit Memorial Stadium, making this by far the most expensive guaranteed-payment game of the 2021 season between teams from the Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision.
USA TODAY Sports reviewed contracts for 106 of this season's 116 games between the FBS and FCS. Eleven games included payouts of at least $600,000 and six of at least $650,000 but none approach the Vandals' seven-figure paycheck.
- Also on Saturday, Michigan State will pay Youngstown State $725,000.
- Washington paid Montana $675,000 for last weekend's 13-7 loss, the biggest upset of the young season.
- Idaho will make $675,000 to face Oregon State on Sept. 18.
- That same weekend, California will pay Sacramento State $675,000.
- Miami (Fla.) will pay Central Connecticut State $650,000 on Sept. 25.