A toxicology report reveals that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs had fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol in his system when he died suddenly in a hotel room July 1. 

Skaggs was found on his bed in a Texas hotel room without any signs of trauma, and the death was ruled an accident. He was 27.

The news of Skaggs' death sent ripples throughout the baseball community, and led the Angels and Texas Rangers to postpone their scheduled game that night.

In a statement released to the Los Angeles Times, the Skaggs family said it would investigate how Skaggs obtained the opioids that led to his death and have hired an attorney to assist with those efforts.