When Tyler Skaggs died on July 1, the entire sports world stopped in shock. The Los Angeles Angels pitcher was 27, seemingly in perfect health and died without an signs of trauma or foul play. Now we know more, and Skaggs’ family has implied an Angels employee might be involved.
On Friday, the autopsy results were revealed and the medical examiner ruled Skaggs had a mixture of alcohol, fentanyl and oxycodone in his system and that he essentially choked on his own vomit while intoxicated. Skaggs’ family released a statement about the findings that added even more to the story.
The full statement reads:
“We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.