This is the last place Todd Helton expected to be after the Rockies' first full-squad workout Sunday at Salt River Fields. Eleven days after being charged with drunken and careless driving, Helton addressed the media in the theater room, apologizing for his "monumental mistake" and saying he has sought help to prevent it from happening again. "Last week I got behind the wheel of my truck after I had drank. All I can do now is apologize and ask for forgiveness. I spoke to my teammates today, and they were very supportive," said Helton, who is expected to retire after this season. "I'm very grateful to my wife, my family, my teammates and the Colorado Rockies organization for their support. I am determined to learn from my mistakes, and I've gotten help." Helton, 39, declined to discuss the nature of help he's receiving. He told The Denver Post after the news conference that he doesn't believe he has a drinking problem. However, he reiterated that he's following a protocol to avoid another misstep and recognizes the gravity of the situation. Helton talked for 9 minutes, 47 seconds, his voice halting at times as he recalled telling his older daughter, Tierney, about the incident. "I told her I made a mistake. Just like Daddy forgives you for your mistake. I have to learn from it. When I talk about taking the right steps, I am talking about her too," Helton said. "She holds me very accountable too." Helton was arrested Feb. 6 at 2:39 a.m. at a gas station near his Thornton-area home. A witness reported a truck driving erratically on Colorado Boulevard. According to the police report, Helton was holding lottery tickets and chewing tobacco when he walked out of the store. Helton's alcohol-test results have not been released by the Thornton Police Department, and his next court date is scheduled for May 20 in Adams County Court. Read more: Speaking about DUI for first time, Helton disappointed, apologetic - The Denver Post Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: