Veteran defenseman Brad Stuart wasn't ready Saturday to offer specifics on the injury that has kept him out of training camp but he did say that he expects to be healthy for the Sharks regular season opener Oct. 3. "I just basically want to make sure I'm ready before I go out" Stuart said. He called the problem "nothing serious or anything that's going to keep me from getting ready to be in the first game of the season. Barring any kind of an unforeseen setback I'll be ready to go." Stuart 33 said the injury occurred about a month ago while he was training at Sharks Ice. He hasn't been on the ice since then but expects to be skating on his own within a couple of days. The Sharks identified the problem as a lower body injury but Stuart stopped short of confirming even that. Stuart is expected to be part of San Jose's third pair of defensemen with either Hannah or Jason Demers.
Sharks' Brad Stuart says he should be ready for season opener
San Jose Mercury News | Sep 15