In what may be one of the most amazing comebacks in NCAA postseason history, St. Louis University came back from 16 points with 8:13 to go in the second half and beat North Carolina State 83-80 in the round of 64 of the NCAA Tournament. In the extra period, Austin McBroom scored on SLU's first possession, then Rob Loe scored twice to put SLU up by three. Jordair Jett made a free throw with 2:01 to play to put SLU up 77-73. N.C. State cut the lead to two, and John Manning answered with a layin to put it back to four. N.C. State could have cut it back to two at 59.1 seconds, but after T.J. Warren made one free throw, the Wolfpack was called for a lane violation on the second to negate the basket. Loe made two free throws with 56.5 seconds left to put SLU up 81-76, and Desmond Lee scored for a three-point game. McBroom then lost control of the ball, Warren scored and was fouled. He missed the free throw that would have tied the game and SLU made two of four free throws downthe stretch while denying N.C. State. SLU will play either Louisville or Manhattan on Saturday. Rob Loe had 22 points and 15 rebounds. Jordair Jett had 18 points after having just one in the first half. Mike McCall had 12, Dwayne Evans fouled out with 11 and Jake Barnett had six. SLU won despite shooting 12 of 26 at the free throw line. They were helped by N.C. State making just 20 of 37. SLU got itself in trouble with lax defense in the first half that allowed North Carolina State, the No. 12 seed in the Midwest Region, to repeatedly drive to the basket. SLU also did not help itself with more of its dreadful free throw shooting, making just three of 10 from the line at one stage.. SLU was down four at the half but never got closer until the final two minutes. SLU fell behind by 16 at 55-39 then staged a slow-motion comeback in which it could well have gone ahead if it had just made some layups or free throws. N.C. State missed five straight free throws at one point, and SLU was down 61-55 with 2:11 to play. Along the way, Barnett and Loe each missed the front end of a one-and-one, Evans missed a layin and Loe had a 3 that looked to be going down and rattled out. With Evans on the bench, SLU cut the lead to five with 1:22 to play on a 3 from the left corner by Loe, and then forced a turnover and got a layin from Grandy Glaze to make it 65-62. SLU felt it had forced N.C. State into a travel on its next possession, but there was no call and T.J. Warren made a layin, was fouled and completed the three-point play to push the lead back to six. Amazingly, SLU got baskets by Barnett and Loe to make it a one-point game and tied it with 18.8 seconds left on a drive by Jett, who was fouled on the play but missed the free throw, giving N.C. State a chance to win the game in the closing seconds. But SLU got the stop and sent the game to overtime.