The Olde Towne was back to life -- especially at Fenway Park for the first baseball game after the Boston Marathon bombing and the dramatic killing and capture of the suspects. The day the city stood still was over. "It was like a ghost town," reliever Tim Collins said. But olde Fenway, on the 101st anniversary of its opening in 1912, was open, operating and very much upbeat after five days of heartbreak and uncertainty. "It gives people something to keep their minds off of what's going on, gives them something to cheer about, something that gives them pride. Obviously, many people in Boston are proud Red Sox fans and have been for generations," infielder Elliot Johnson said. "So it's something that's good for them, gives them something to root for and bring a smile back to their face, because these last few days have been pretty dark." Boston and surrounding communities were basically shut down during a 20-hour manhunt for suspect No. 2. "It takes away your freedom, your safety, your peace of mind. We live in the United States, and we think we've got it pretty good, and obviously we do," Johnson said. "But, obviously, then there are people that are trying to take that away -- and they did for a couple days." Collins' family from nearby Worcester, Mass., was coming in for the Royals-Red Sox game on Saturday, after Friday night's game was postponed because of the manhunt for the second suspect. "They're coming here today, but they're so far away, they're not directly affected," Collins said. "So it wasn't a big deal if I didn't hear from them for a little bit. My dad actually drove into Boston yesterday morning with a couple of his buddies and they were able to get in, even though everything was on lockdown, but it was kind of, 'Go at your own risk.'" Collins, who was a fan at Fenway growing up, anticipated an emotional day that would help the healing of a city. "It's the same with any major city. Sports plays a huge role in the community, so that's basically all this game really means -- just bring everybody together and kind of forget about what happened," Collins said. Confined to their downtown Boston hotel throughout Friday's crisis, the Royals passed time as best they could. They had a team lunch, some worked out, some played cards.