A report out of Phoenix last week noted that free-agent acquisition Rashard Mendenhall had already established himself as the No. 1 running back for the Arizona Cardinals, separating from Ryan Williams. Appearing on NFL Network's "NFL AM" Wednesday, head coach Bruce Arians confirmed "there's no doubt" that Mendenhall would be the featured back if the season started today. "Rashard is just 25 years old (turns 26 on Wednesday)," Arians said. "He took me personally to a Super Bowl, and I know what he can bring to the table as a runner and a pass protector and also a receiver. He's an every-down player. And I think he's looking forward to having an outstanding season." Although Mendenhall's early 2012 knee surgery led to a bout with Achilles tendinitis last season, it's no longer an issue and "he's ready to go," Arians assured.
Rashard Mendenhall is Cardinals' starter, says Arians
NFL.com | Jun 19