Rashad McCants was back on the radio Monday, elaborating on the North Carolina academic scandal and discussing any potential contact with the NCAA. On Friday, in an interview on Sirius/XM radio with Mark Packer, McCants said that he had no contact with the NCAA or UNC regarding his allegations of academic misconduct during his time as a player with the Tar Heels. "Not at all," McCants said when asked if he had been contacted by the NCAA. "I'm still waiting on that. And UNC hasn't reached out to me, and neither has the NCAA. But we have strategic plans in place to really make some strides and get the awareness out for the people who don't know anything about what's really going on." North Carolina reached out to McCants on July 6 with a request for the former basketball star to contact the school and discuss his comments regarding academic misconduct. McCants returned to Mark Packer's radio program Monday afternoon, this time with Mary Willingham, the former UNC learning specialist who shared her findings with local and national media outlets and last week filed a lawsuit against the school. According to McCants, North Carolina and the NCAA have pulled out the check book to try and make things right.
Rashad McCants: $10M coming from UNC, $300M from NCAA
CBS Sports | Jul 8