Radamel Falcao failed to quash rumours that he will make a big-money move to Real Madrid next summer when questioned about a possible move to the Bernabeu. The Colombia striker only moved to Monaco in the summer but earlier this week Real Madrid president Florentino Perez revealed his club could make a bid at the end of the season. Perez also revealed he had told Falcao who has scored seven goals in nine Ligue 1 appearances of his interest. While Falcao insists he is happy at Monaco who paid Atletico Madrid a reported £50m for his service he did not rule out the possibility of a return to Spain. "All I can do is thank Florentino for his words but I have to respect my current club Monaco who have made me feel very good and I am very happy" Falcao said at a promotional event in Bogota. "It doesn't seem right to talk about Real Madrid's possible interest at the moment out of respect for the institution to which I am contracted to as of today." Should Real Madrid wish to prise the 27-year-old away from Monaco they would be expected to match the fee that took him to France in the summer. Combined with the fees they paid for Gareth Bale (£86m) and Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m) the Spanish giants could end up with a front three costing in the region of £218m.
Radamel Falcao refuses to rule out move to Real Madrid, but insists he is happy at Monaco
The Independent | Oct 17