Richard Sherman isn’t the only original member of the Seahawks “Legion of Boom” secondary whose future is in some doubt. Three-time All-Pro free safety Earl Thomas is also entering the final year of his contract. He has already talked of the Seahawks, the only NFL team he’s known, “kicking him to the curb” after this year. That was his explanation on Christmas Eve minutes after Thomas walked to the Dallas locker room following Seattle’s win in Arlington, Texas, and told Cowboys coach Jason Garrett “come get me.” Thomas, who turns 29 in May, hinted at the Pro Bowl in January he might hold out if he doesn’t get a new contract before next season begins in September. The Seahawks would save $8.5 million against the salary cap this year if they trade of release him--but have no heir anywhere near apparent in their secondary. What does Pete Carroll think about Thomas wanting a new contract now, even though the Seahawks have other, more pressing priorities with their scant salary-cap space? “Let’s see, last year at this time he had retired,” the Seahawks coach said wryly on Thursday at the NFL combine here. “I’m not sure where to put that right now. Earl and I have talked about some stuff. That specifically was not very much of a topic or a discussion. “He’s a great competitor he wants to take it as far as he can. And I admire the heck out of him.” Carroll was asked if the team or general manager John Schneider was communicating with Thomas about where he stands, contract-wise.