The Blues are expecting to begin their 2011-12 season without David Perron, who's been suffering from post-concussion symptoms since last November when he was hit by San Jose's Joe Thornton. "David has shown improvement," Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said this morning. "But it's not to the point where he's ready to come in and work out and start training yet. The improvement took a big jump a few months ago, but it's been slow and steady now. "We're going to continue down the course we're at right now. But where we're at now, in the summer and with training camp, we've decided to just move forward with the idea that David won't be ready for training camp ... he'll just continue to progress and when he is ready, whatever time he is ready, he'll jump back in and start his training to resume his career. But we're not expecting him at training camp." The decision came earlier this week, when Armstrong spoke with Perron, Perron's agent Allan Walsh and the Blues' medical staff on a conference call. Armstrong said that with training camp beginning Sept. 16, approximately six weeks away, it was important for the club to make a definitive decision and move forward.
Perron won't be ready to start Blues' season
St. Louis Post-Dispatch | Aug 4