Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has said a "question mark" remains over his future at the club.

The France international has been linked with a departure throughout the summer, with Real Madrid and Juventus rumoured as possible suitors.

With the Premier League transfer window shut, if Pogba was to depart, the Red Devils would be unable to draft in a replacement.

However, after he shone in United's 4-0 win over Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday, Pogba said there are still doubts over his position, per Rob Dawson and Jonathan Johnson of ESPN FC:

"I am always good whenever I play football. It is what I love—it is my job. I give the maximum each time I am on a green pitch.

"Obviously there have been things said, but only time will tell. This question mark remains. However, as I said, I am here in Manchester. I enjoy playing with my team-mates and I always want to win every game. I always give it everything."

As the report noted, earlier in the summer, Pogba said he was open to a "new challenge" this season.

According to Ian Whittell and Paul Hirst of The Times, the Premier League side have already rejected an offer from Real Madrid for the midfielder. Los Blancos are said to have bid £27.4 million as well as James Rodriguez for the former Juventus star, although United reportedly value their midfielder at £150 million.