Those rumors surrounding Paul George possibly joining the Lakers this offseason will not die down, and George isn't hiding from them. Ahead of the Thunder's back-to-back set against the Lakers and Clippers on Wednesday and Thursday, the Oklahoma City forward took questions from the media regarding the constant reports and speculation about George (presumably) opting out of the last year of his contract this summer and signing with LA. While George realizes those stories won't disappear, he says that's "not my focus" and made it clear his main priority is winning with his current team. Looking back, George says he has "no regrets at all" that his desire to play for the Lakers became public. It was reported last June that George had his agent tell Pacers president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard he planned to become a free agent in 2018 and would leave Indiana, preferably for LA. That put the Pacers in a tough position and forced them to quickly find trade suitors. Pritchard ultimately sent George to the Thunder in exchange for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis, a deal that was roundly criticized at the time. "All that was said was that (was) a destination I would love to go to," George said. "There wasn't, you know, a 'Hey, gunpoint to the head, send me here.' I just stated somewhere that I wanted to go play. You ask 80, 70 percent of the guys in the league if they would love to go back home and play for their city, play for their home, that's all I stated.
Paul George addresses Lakers rumors ahead of LA road trip
Sporting News | Jan 3