It wasn’t two for one night here at Petco Park, it just felt that way. The Jays and Padres put on a marathon of a game – 17 innings worth of drawn out baseball – before the Padres strung together a pair of hits in the bottom of the 17th to edge Toronto 4-3. The game came up just short of 18 innings, which would have been the equivalent of two nine inning regulation games. As it was, the game ended early Saturday morning, just after midnight, after starting just after seven Friday evening. The game tied the Jays franchise record for the longest road game ever played; it had been done twice before – October 4, 1980 in Boston, and June 8, 1998, in Florida. The game came within an inning of the longest ever game in franchise history, 18 innings, from July 28, 2005 against Anaheim. The Jays scored just three singles after the seventh inning, and simply couldn’t come up with a solution against a Padres bullpen that was so drawn out, the team went to Saturday starter Clayton Richard to finish the game out. And the game, all four hours and 58 minutes of it, ended when Jesus Guzman drove home the winning run with a sharp single off Jays reliever Todd Redmond. Redmond was heroic in working four innings for a Jays bullpen that was down to the short straws as it was. Aaron Loup, Neil Wagner, Steve Delebar, Brett Cecil, Casey Janssen, and Juan Perez, worked eight innings of shutout relief before Redmond put in his four innings. The Jays, needing a win to finish out the month of May at .500, had big nights earlier on from Colby Rasmus and Edwin Encarnacion. Rasmus clubbed a two run homer and Encarnacion a solo shot, his team leading 15th, as the Jays took an early 3-0 lead. That lead evaporated on some shoddy defense in the fifth, when Jedd Gyorko drove home a pair with a double, then scored himself on JP Arencibia’s throwing error. And so a long night ended on a disappointing note for the Jays, who were dealing with some troubling news prior to the game as it was. An hour before the game started, manager John Gibbons was talking about the likelihood of Brandon Morrow making his scheduled start Sunday, and the manager used the word “dicey.” “He’s still hanging a bit so he’s up in the air right now,” Gibbons said prior to the game about Morrow, who is nursing a tender forearm. “He’s better but not 100 per cent … it’s dicey.” Just after dealing with the media in his usual pre-game scrum, Gibbons took a call from general manager Alex Anthopoulos. Pitching coach Pete Walker was in on the call, and it’s believed the braintrust discussed what to do with Morrow, who has already had a start moved back three times this season due to back soreness.