Barcelona have reached an agreement with Borussia Dortmund for the €150 million transfer of Ousmane Dembele, according to multiple reports, although the German club's chief executive has declined to confirm them. A base fee of €120 million was first reported on Thursday by BeIN Sports, and French newspaper L'Equipe, German outlet Bild, and Spanish reporter Guillem Balague all said the deal would reach €150m, with €30m of that in bonus payments. However, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said the club would not be commenting on the Dembele situation ahead of the Champions League draw in Monaco on Thursday and cast doubt on the foreign reports. Asked about L'Equipe's report by Sky Germany, Watzke said: "I can't confirm it. We will not make any comments. "A lot of nonsense has been written by L'Equipe in recent weeks. We would also not comment on this [if there had already been a meeting between BVB and Barcelona]. We'll see them at the draw." And after the Champions League ceremony -- in which Dortmund were drawn against Barcelona's rivals Real Madrid -- Watzke also insisted that nothing was yet official. "A decision is nearing. But none has been made yet," he said. "It would be good if we had clarity at the weekend. "We are not the club making those things public. There is no fixed agreement. We'll see about the rest."
Ousmane Dembele set for Barcelona as Dortmund agree €150m deal - reports
ESPN FC | Aug 25