Maurice Jones-Drew will not be charged in connection with an alleged bar fight over Memorial Day weekend when the Jacksonville Jaguars running back was accused of punching a bouncer. The Florida state attorney's office filed an announcement Tuesday saying that evidence does not support charging Jones-Drew with simple battery. "Based on the facts and the law, the state cannot establish the charge beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt," the state attorney's office said in the statement, which was obtained by News4Jax.com in Jacksonville. Jones-Drew held a brief news conference earlier this month but declined to answer any questions or offer any details about what happened at a St. Augustine restaurant/bar last month. Despite a police report indicating otherwise, Jones-Drew's agent said his client was not involved in an altercation with a bouncer at the Conch House on May 26. The bouncer's attorney, meanwhile, called it an "unprovoked attack." Gregory Anderson, the attorney for Kasim Howard, said on May 30 that he had video evidence from the previous weekend that showed Jones-Drew attacking his client.
No charges for Maurice Jones-Drew
ESPN | Jun 25