Twins third baseman Miguel Sano has been rehabbing without any issues since his surgery on Nov. 13 to insert a titanium rod into his left shin, and he will begin training with former Major League third baseman Fernando Tatis shortly after the New Year. Sano, who sustained a stress fracture on his left shin after hitting a foul ball off his leg on Aug. 18, rehabbed at the club's Spring Training complex in Fort Myers, Fla., in December before returning home to the Dominican Republic for the holidays. Sano trained last offseason with Tatis, whom he credited with helping him become an All-Star for the first time in his career in a breakout 2017 season. Sano, 24, hit .264/.352/.507 with 28 homers and 77 RBIs in 114 games. He missed more than a month with his shin injury before returning for the last three games of the season in an unsuccessful attempt to play in the American League Wild Card Game against the Yankees. "I think he felt that program was very conducive to his start of the season last year," Twins general manager Thad Levine said. "I think we're very open-minded to what Fernando Tatis did with him workout-wise. That's the plan barring any sort of forks in the road here. He's progressing without incident." Twins manager Paul Molitor said he's been in contact with Sano several times this offseason to check on his progress, and he has been encouraged by what Sano has been able to do. But there's still some concern about his ability to perform cardio exercises to stay in shape because of the nature of the surgery. The operation is uncommon for baseball players, but Levine said basketball and football players have had the surgery without any complications.