Ander Herrera is not looking to secure a move to Manchester United in the upcoming transfer window. David Moyes was desperate to bring the Athletic Bilbao midfielder to Old Trafford in the summer, but saw a late bid fall through. The United boss is keen to add to his attacking options in January, however the Spanish playmaker is not interested in a move to the Premier League just yet. "I am tired about this issue," Herrera said. "People are going to think that I want an exit but it is not true. "I have said already that I am happy in Athletic Bilbao and I am going to stay here." The former Real Zaragoza star has a £36m release clause inserted into his contract and reports in Spain suggested United were ready to activate it in the new year. United are expected to be busy in the transfer market with the club readying bids for Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria and Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke. Moyes, however, confirmed last week that any additions would have to be the right fit for the club. "To make January sound as if that would be the place where everything would be cured and any problems would be resolved would be wrong," he said. "It is not me saying we are not going to sign any players in January. "We are going to try to if the opportunity is there.
Man Utd step up interest in Koke and Angel Di Maria after Ander Herrera snub
Daily Star | Nov 27