Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claims the club will not sell popular defender David Luiz whatever big-money offer Barcelona make. The versatile Brazil star 26 had been linked with a shock exit but Mourinho is adamant the player is in his Stamford Bridge plans. In an interview with BT Sport Mourinho said: ‘No chance he is going to leave. He is a player we want to keep. He is a player with four years (on his) contract he just signed a contract last year. ‘We like him. He is an important player and the club is not ready to sell him for any price.’ Luiz arrived from Benfica in 2011 and extended his contract only 11 months ago. There had been reports recently claiming he had told the club of his desire to join Barca but Mourinho claimed: ‘I don’t know if he said that. What I can say is that he is not going to. ‘The last quotes I read were Luiz saying he is not speaking about clubs when he is with the national team which is a fantastic quote that I appreciate. That is the last quote I have and it is an intelligent one.’ Chelsea are linked with former Barca and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto’o whose current club Anzhi Makhachkala must cut costs.
Luiz is going nowhere, says Chelsea boss Mourinho
Daily Mail | Aug 15