Luis Suarez’s hopes of leaving Barcelona for Juventus have taken a huge blow with coach Andrea Pirlo admitting a deal for the Uruguay international “is difficult.”
The 33-year-old had been expected to move to the Turin giants after been told by Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman he’s not in his plans for 2020-21. The striker even travelled to Perugia on Thursday for a language exam in order to gain Italian citizenship.
Pirlo was asked about Suarez in his pre-match press conference on Saturday ahead of Juventus’ Serie A clash with Sampdoria and admitted the striker’s passport issues make a deal difficult.
“We’re all waiting for a centre forward. There is still a long way to go in the transfer window so we’re calm and happy, we’re not in a hurry,” he said.