Luis Suarez has said Major League Soccer is "one of the options I see as being most likely" for his next move, and ruled out a return to European football.

Suarez, 35, is now back at Nacional in Uruguay -- after joining on a free transfer from Atletico Madrid in July -- and has scored four goals in eight league appearances this season.

The former Liverpool and Barcelona forward has previously said that he received offers from MLS clubs in the summer, before settling on a switch back to his boyhood club.

"I don't know yet," Suarez told Marca, in an interview published on Saturday, when asked about playing in the United States. "It's one of the options that I see as being most likely, but I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm thinking about and enjoying myself at Nacional."

Suarez is on a short-term deal at Nacional which is set to expire in December after he features for Uruguay at the World Cup, but he told Marca he would not consider returning to Europe after that.