LeSean McCoy doesn't seem the least bit fazed by the Buffalo Bills adding new running backs via free agency and the draft after the worst season of his 10-year NFL career.

He told The Buffalo News Wednesday that he fully expects to continue as the Bills' starting running back, a role he has held since joining the team in a 2015 trade with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"In this league, in general, it's always competition," McCoy, who turns 31 in July and is entering the final year of his contract, said after the second day of practice at the Bills' mandatory minicamp. "I'm a type of guy, I thrive off of having a big name. So when guys come to my team, they're curious to see, 'How is LeSean McCoy? Is he still a good player?' I mean, I'm a dominant player. I think that speaks for itself. But I'll be in the same role as last year. And I look forward to putting some numbers up and bouncing back from that last season."

In 14 games, including 13 as a starter, he finished with a career-low 514 yards and three touchdowns on 161 carries. That gave him 3.2 yards per carry, also a career low. Asked why his production slumped so badly and if his health was an issue, McCoy said, "I mean, there were some games I wasn't right, but overall, it just didn't work. I'll just leave it at that. But I look forward to bouncing back this year."

The Bills proceeded to aggressively address their offense in free agency, including the additions of running backs Frank Gore, 36, who is entering his 15th NFL season, and 25-year-old T.J. Yeldon, a fifth-year veteran. They also made Devin Singletary a third-round draft pick from Florida Atlantic University.