He's had an awful time of it lately with his new team but Devin Setoguchi found a way Friday night to be the right kind of difference. The veteran winger, 27, scored a pair of goals including the winner just 2:56 from the finish to deliver the Winnipeg Jets to a 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks at the MTS Centre. "It's always nice... you guys know the stats more than I do," Setoguchi said after ending his latest goal drought, seven games. "It's nice to get on the board and be able to contribute, for sure." Friday marked Setoguchi's first appearance in the goal column since Jan. 13. That goal against Phoenix was relief from an 18-game blanking that stretched all the way back to Dec. 2. Another compounding factor this week was what turned out to be a decisive play in Tuesday night's home loss to Nashville. Late in the second period of that one, Setoguchi took a retaliation penalty against Preds defenceman Shea Weber and the visitors turned the power play into the winning goal by Mike Fisher early in the third. Friday night, in reaching 10 goals for the season, Setoguchi was a key part of the Jets' early start, going to the net and being tough on his skates as he tipped home a 2-0 goal just 6:07 into the contest. Then in the third after Vancouver's Jason Garrison tied the game with 8:10 left in regulation, Setoguchi scored again to decide the outcome. He trailed a Jets rush during a delayed penalty and when the puck finally came across to him from defenceman Jacob Trouba, he buried a low shot to the far side past Canucks goalie Eddie Lack. "This time of year you've got to find a way," Setoguchi said. "They're ahead of us in the standings and the other night Nashville was and we let one slip away there. We thought if we're going to crawl back into this thing we're going to have to take some wins at the end of the season here." Response team The Jets are turning into a response team. They rallied twice on Tuesday within a minute of Nashville goals. Friday, when Vancouver tied the game 2-2 in the second period, there was an answer within two minutes as Michael Frolik restored the lead. Then after Jason Garrison pulled the Canucks even once again in the third period, it was Devin Setoguchi who showed the home team was not going to back away. His winning shot came with just 2:56 left in regulation. "Those things are going to happen," said Jets captain Andrew Ladd. "Their goalie made some huge saves for them to keep them in it, much like Monty did for us in Chicago. They did a good job getting back in the game but I like the fact we stuck with it. There's a confidence with our offence right now that we can push it at times during games and create chances and goals when they're needed."