Washington sophomore quarterback Cyler Miles spoke with the media today for the first time since being involved in two post-Super Bowl incidents in February, prompting his one-game suspension for the Huskies’ Aug. 30 season opener at Hawaii. “I just wanted to take the time to apologize for my behavior and my actions earlier this winter,” he said in a prepared statement. “A lot of people that represent me are affected by my actions, obviously my family, my teammates, my university and also the city I live in right now, Seattle. It was an embarrassment to all those people, to me, my family and my last name. So for that, I truly apologize. And at the same time, I realize that I did mess up. I highly regret it, and I’m just very excited to get back on the team and do my best to put this past me and start working with my guys again.” The King County prosecutors office did not charge Miles in the altercations because of what it said was a lack of evidence. UW receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow was charged and ultimately pleaded guilty in April to three gross misdemeanors after he knocked down a young woman, who briefly lost consciousness, during a bonfire celebration shortly after the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory over the Denver Broncos.
Huskies QB Cyler Miles: ‘I messed up big time and I’m willing to face the consequences’
Seattle Times | Aug 7