FIFA has denied claims by Diego Maradona that officials preventing him attending Argentina's opening match of the World Cup in the Maracana. The former Argentina player and manager, who is a fierce critic of FIFA, said he was forced to watch the match against Bosnia and Herzegovina on television in his hotel room. But FIFA's head of media Delia Fischer said there had been no report to them of any incident involving Maradona, who is accredited to cover the tournament for Venezuelan TV. She said: 'He is accredited as a journalist but we have not received any report on this. As long as he is going into the correct media area there should not be an issue. 'Maybe he tried to go somewhere where he didn't have the necessary access but we have no record of that happening.' Maradona has previously called FIFA's hold over World Cup host countries as 'ugly'.
FIFA deny claims Diego Maradona was refused access to Argentina's World Cup opener
Daily Mail | Jun 19