So, have you read enough about Alex Burrows lately? His parents have. They've been reading, and hearing, about their son the biter, the sneaky-dirty player, the villain of the Vancouver Canucks' Game 1 victory in the Stanley Cup final. Saturday, his dad Rodney called, with the best advice he could give. "The negative press I've been getting the last few days doesn't affect me at all — I don't read you guys or listen to you guys a lot, but it affects my parents, and my dad listens to everything," Burrows said Saturday night, surrounded by, oh, 30 or 40 reporters and cameras in the first of two shifts. "He told me to go score some goals, that's what's really going to hurt them, and I listened to his advice tonight, and it worked out." Did it ever. Burrows scored the game's first goal, set up the Daniel Sedin tally that forced overtime, then put the arrow into the Boston Bruins' heart with the second-fastest goal in Stanley Cup overtime history, 11 seconds in, to give the Canucks a 3-2 win and a 2-0 series lead. After two off-days filled with replays of his alleged bite of Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron's finger — or glove, at least — and speculation about whether he'd be suspended, and debate over whether he should have been, Burrows wrote the beginning and the end of the story Saturday in a raucously loud Rogers Arena. And he added yet another chapter to the saga of the former ball hockey player and East Coast minor leaguer who does nothing but score big goals for a team that's halfway to its biggest series victory in history. Amazingly, on the overtime winner, Henrik Sedin lost the opening faceoff, but Boston defender Andrew Ference turned the puck over on an attempted shoot-in, Vancouver's Alex Edler reversed the flow and, one Daniel Sedin touch later, Burrows was in full stride down the left side with Zdeno Chara trying to close ground. He faked a shot on goalie Tim Thomas, ended up circling the goal and managed to outrace and then outreach the 6-9 Chara and beat him around the net for a falling-away wraparound that ended in a dogpile of Canucks mobbing their firestarter in the corner of the rink.