The former top-rated recruit in the Class of 2017, Marvin Bagley, had a wealth of experience battling against some of the top prep prospects in the country on the AAU circuit and in high school before signing with Duke, including the always-polarizing LaMelo Ball. Ball, who has committed to UCLA, is a player many talent evaluators are somewhat bearish on as far as projecting him to the next level. But the Duke freshman said the sky's the limit for the 16-year-old out of Chino Hills, California, in an interview with CBS Sports' Reid Forgrave earlier this week. "Man, what he's doing now is crazy," said Bagley when asked about LaMelo's potential. "To see whatever he does five years from now is going to be real scary. He's already got the notoriety, the followers on Instagram .. He's a great player, can shoot, do everything on the court. He's going to be a real good player. So people should watch out for him." Bagley, a very realistic candidate to be the No. 1 overall player off the board in the 2018 NBA Draft, also weighed in on the never-ending debate of the NBA's age limit and the controversial one-and-done system, saying he feels the restrictions shouldn't exist and that ultimately talent should be able determine the process.
Duke's Marvin Bagley III swears LaMelo Ball is going to be scary in five years
CBS Sports | Nov 3