The Blue Jackets traded chances and, eventually, seven goals with the Anaheim Ducks today in front of a sparse and unusually tame crowd in Nationwide Arena. The Jackets started fast but faded, particularly at the starts of the second and third periods. They allowed quick goals in each, enabling the Ducks to tie (1-1, 19 seconds into the first) and take a lead (3-2, at 1:51 of the third). The Jackets got two goals from Artem Anisimov, but Corey Perry got the late winner in a 4-3 Ducks win. It snapped a three-game Jackets winning streak and put them once more on the wrong side of .500 (5-6). In the closing minutes of regulation, with the score tied 3-3, Jackets center Ryan Johansen tried to rim the puck around the end boards, but took too sharp an angle off his backhand, sending the puck off Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky and into the slot. There waiting was perhaps that last player on the Ducks roster Columbus would pick in that situation – Perry. Perry, showing the patience of an elite scorer, waited out Bobrovsky and fired home the game-winner with only 2:25 left in regulation. “The last one, when the puck bounces out like that and you’re seeing No. 10 with the puck on his stick I think there is desperation from everywhere,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards said. “You can’t look at that and say he should have reacted differently. You have to make a quick decision on how you want to play it.” But like so many games already this season in a stronger, faster and more brutal NHL, this one will be best remembered for a hard hit and its consequences. Blue Jackets center Brandon Dubinsky was given a five-minute interference major and a game misconduct for an open-ice hit on Ducks forward Saku Koivu with 35 seconds remaining in the second period. Koivu carried the puck into the Jackets’ zone and had just passed it when Dubinsky stepped into him at the blue line. Dubinsky did not leave his skates or appear to target Koivu’s head, but his right shoulder glanced off Koivu’s raised stick before smacking his head. Koivu was “knocked out,” according to Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau, but “looked like he was OK” after the game.” “I didn’t agree with the call,” Dubinsky said. “But the refs see it at game speed and they have to make a call. Obviously I don’t think I’m a dirty player. I don’t think I was trying to target his head. “I understand the league is trying to crack down on hits to the head, and I don’t think it was one.” The interference major call was made not by NHL referees Paul Devorski or Brian Pochmara, but by one of the linesmen. “I was just going to finish my check,” Dubinsky said. “I know (Koivu) moved the puck, but it was less than a second between him moving the puck and when the hit actually happened, so, by definition, I don’t think that’s an interference call. “My shoulder and my elbow were tucked. It’s a fast game. I’m not a dirty player. I play the game honest. I went out there to try and make a body check, not injure Koivu and make a dirty hit.” Both coaches declined to comment on the hit itself. When asked shortly after the game’s end, Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said he had not heard from league officials concerning a disciplinary hearing for Dubinsky. But the incident had a more immediate impact. The Ducks scored on the ensuing power play when Emerson Etem buried the rebound of a shot by Teemu Selanne, giving Anaheim a 3-2 lead at 1:51. “Probably the biggest thing about that call wasn’t the five minutes (short-handed),” Richards said. “It was that we lost Dubi for the game. You look at the guys out of our lineup – (Derek) MacKenzie and Boone Jenner -- and then we lose Dubi for the third period. Those are guys who provide a lot of speed and energy for us.”