The Ducks started off slow, but broke through in the second and third period for a 6-3 win against the Sabres. Emerson Etem and Corey Perry had two goals in the game. First Period Recap: This was the slowest start to a game that I have seen in a while. The Ducks won the opening draw and immediately began turning the puck over in the defensive zone. Missed pass after missed pass resulted in a few chances for the Sabres early. After playing defense for a good two straight minutes the Ducks started to wake up a bit. This short stint in the offensive end of the ice ended quickly when the Ducks took the first penalty of the game – a crosschecking call against Francois Beauchemin, who nailed Steve Ott against the boards in the neutral zone. On the power play Buffalo looked bad, but this doesn't mean the Ducks looked good by any means. The Ducks killed the power play but were still turning the puck over and giving the Sabres chances. The defense was looking particularly slow often allowing the Sabres to enter the zone up the middle. After an extensive amount of sloppy play by both teams the Ducks got their first power play (*sarcastic cheers*) thanks to Henrik Tallinder who hooked Corey Perry. As expected the power play was no better. Zone entry was a problem that resulted in a one shot toward the goal before the puck was cleared down the ice. Buffalo took this chance to take another penalty and send the Ducks on a 5-on-3 power play for 28 seconds. The power play failed miserably and the period ended with the shots (7-7) and score (0-0) tied. Second Period Recap: The Sabres easily killed off the remaining seconds of the Ducks power play (What a surprise…). After a few minutes of play similar to the first period, the Peter Holland took a penalty for tripping Zemgus Girgensons (WHO?). The Sabres were able to capitalize on their power play with some nice passing below the goal line to a wide open Cody Hodgson. The thought of losing to Buffalo must have scared the Ducks because they came back quickly. Two minutes after the Buffalo goal Ryan Getzlaf scored on a sweet give-and-go play with Dustin Penner tying the game at one. It was all Ducks after the Getzlaf goal as Anaheim began to get more chances in the Buffalo end, making it difficult for the Sabres to clear their zone. On a rush up the ice, Andrew Cogliano made a pass to Sami Vatanen flying up the middle. Vatanen shot the puck over Jhonas Enroth's glove for a 2-1 Ducks lead. This goal was the first goal scored by a Ducks defenseman this season. On the next shift, just 34 seconds later, Emerson Etem scored off a rebound caused by a hard shot from Mathieu Perreault. The Ducks finished off the period getting more chances on Enroth while limiting the Sabres to just five shots in the period.