Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested a second suspect in connection to the shooting of former Boston Red Sox star David Ortiz, a spokeswoman for the Dominican national prosecutor's office told reporters on Wednesday.
As CBS News reports, Julieta Tejeda, spokeswoman for the national prosecutor's office in the Dominican Republic, told reporters via WhatsApp that a second arrest had been made in the investigation. The name of the second suspect in custody was not immediately released. Tejeda declined to provide further details.
The police have not indicated whether this person is the suspected shooter or what charges he is facing. At least five people have been detained for questioning since Sunday's shooting at the Dial Bar and Lounge in Santo Domingo.
Police in the Dominican Republic are still investigating the case, and have yet to comment on a possible motive for the shooting but have ruled out robbery.