The Knicks held shootaround this morning in preparation for their game against the Pistons. Carmelo Anthony did not attend-- he stayed back at the team hotel for treatment-- and he remains a game-time decision for tonight. We still don't have a clear idea of what's wrong with Melo's knee, but: Fluid, huh. Meanwhile, it sounds like the Knicks found said fluid with an MRI...which they said they weren't going to do...but maybe that was from the previous MRI...but then why didn't they mention that in the first place...but-- ah, whatever. Melo's right knee hurts. It's either fine or there's a railroad spike through it. The Knicks would say the same thing either way. All we can do is wait until he returns. MEANWHILE, despite the "questionable"/"game-time decision" label, I feel pretty certain we won't be seeing Melo and his knee nectar tonight in Detroit. His absence requires a change in the starting lineup, and Mike Woodson revealed said change this morning:
Carmelo Anthony is still questionable, Kurt Thomas would start in his place.
Posting And Toasting | Mar 6