Mere hours after a reported settlement between former NHL player Steven Moore, the Vancouver Canucks and former Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi was refuted by Moore's older brother Mark, the Canucks issued a statement saying an agreement has in fact been made. "I got a text message from Steve last night and he's very concerned. He says there is no deal yet,” Mark Moore told TSN's Rick Westhead earlier Tuesday. Shortly thereafter, the Canucks released the following statement (via CBC.ca): “Canucks Sports & Entertainment confirms that a mutually agreeable and confidential settlement of the action commenced by Steve Moore against Todd Bertuzzi and the Vancouver Canucks has been reached," Canucks spokesman Ben Brown said in an email to the CBC. "The settlement is a result of mediation sessions with former Ontario Chief Justice Warren Winkler. No further details will be disclosed and the Canucks respectfully decline requests for comment.” Geoff Adair, lawyer for Bertuzzi, who informed the media that the settlement had been agreed to on Tuesday, refuted Mark Moore's claims to Katie Strang of ESPN.com: Adair stood by his original statement when told of Mark Moore's comments, telling ESPN.com on Wednesday that Steve Moore's brother is "not a party to this litigation" and maintaining that the deal was "confirmed in writing, unequivocal and enforceable in court."
Canucks confirm settlement reached with Steve Moore
CBS Sports | Aug 20