The France international, who was also touted for moves to Swansea and Cardiff last summer, has been widely expected to leave Lyon when his current deal expires at the end of the season. Recent reports have claimed he is close to a summer switch to Marseille, while talkSPORT told you last month that Besiktas are keen to take him to Turkey. Lyon tried to sell him last summer as he entered the final 12 months of his contract, but he reportedly refused to leave and was temporarily banished to the club’s reserve team. He has since re-entered the first-team fold, scoring eight goals in 18 Ligue 1 outings, and has suggested he may prolong his stay at Lyon – although he insists he is still considering his options. He told French newspaper Le Progres: “I cannot say anything. It’s true that there were discussions but I do not have any agreement with any club. I do not have my mind elsewhere yet. I am a player of Lyon, with whom I have a lot of ambition.
Blow for Newcastle as Lyon striker hints he may stay in France
talkSport | Feb 4