Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez says he feels liberated after the transfer window closed with Hector Bellerin and Marcos Alonso becoming the club's seventh and eighth signings of the summer.

Barca were one of the busiest clubs in Europe during the window, spending over €150 million on Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Jules Kounde alone.

Bellerin, Alonso, Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessie all arrived on free transfers, too, while youngster Pablo Torre joined from Racing Santander.

Over 15 players left the club as well, including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Sergino Dest on Thursday, leaving Xavi relieved he can now work with some certainty regarding who will be at the club this season.

"I feel a little liberated now it's all over, now we know what we have," the Barca coach said in a news conference on Friday.

"It's been a spectacular effort and we have a great squad to work with."

Despite that, Xavi hinted he would have liked further additions. He revealed earlier in the summer that the club had missed out on Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta and has never hidden his desire to bring in Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva.