A full five months after signing with the Jets Mike Goodson finally emerged and met with the media yesterday. There was plenty to talk about although not much of it positive and very little the troubled — and newly suspended — running back wanted to discuss in detail. But Goodson is back and proclaiming himself a new man and that’s good enough for the Jets — for now. “I’m going to work real hard and earn the trust of my teammates” the former Raider and Panther said as he stood in the middle of the locker room after practice. “I’m not going to do a lot of talking. The proof is in your actions and if I do the things that I need to do I’ll earn the trust of my teammates back.” Goodson needs to regain the trust of the organization too after an eventful offseason that went haywire not long after new general manager John Idzik signed him to a three-year $6.9 million deal in March. The Goodson signing blew up in May when the speedy back was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a handgun possession of a loaded handgun possession of hollow-point ammunition possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in Morris County N.J. Goodson’s case is expected to be heard in September or October but he won’t be helping the Jets in the meantime because upon his return Monday the NFL announced he is suspended for the first four regular-season games for violating the substance-abuse policy. Goodson said yesterday he didn’t appeal the suspension and has come to “understand” it. He can work out and attend meetings at the Jets’ facility but won’t be allowed to practice. “I’m just going to work out go to meetings and do everything I can to get ready for the fifth game” he said referring to the Jets’ Oct. 7 Monday night visit to the Falcons. Goodson has not been seen or even discussed that much by the Jets since shortly after the arrest and he declined comment yesterday when asked if he had been in drug rehabilitation program. “Personal issues” Goodson said. “I was handling some stuff that I needed to handle for me.”