And on the fourth day, the Orioles played. They won, watched it rain, and then they won again at nearly 1 a.m. with a walkoff homer by Matt Wieters in the 10th inning. After a scheduled day off Monday, followed by consecutive rainouts Tuesday and Wednesday — the first time they've been postponed consecutively since 2004, and the first time it has happened at Camden Yards since 2000 — the Orioles and the Pittsburgh Pirates finally played on what was supposed to be a mutual day off Thursday. They actually rolled the festivities into Friday morning, playing two games and a total of 19 innings — with the Orioles winning the first game, 5-1, and the second, 6-5, in 10 innings before an announced 28,290. Wieters homered over the right-field scoreboard on the second pitch from Pirates reliever Stolmy Pimentel to end the baseball marathon at 12:53 a.m. Friday morning. "It was long for me, and I only played half of it," said Wieters, who sat out the first game. "It's nice to get a win, it's nice to be able to get a team win where we had to battle back and come back and score some runs, and on top of that, we've got to get to Minnesota some time so we can get ready to play tomorrow." Tommy Hunter (1-0) was credited with the win in the nightcap after getting the save in the first game. There were plenty of weird twists in the doubleheader that began at 4:08 p.m., didn't finish until nearly 1 a.m., and included a 21-minute rain delay in the middle of the first game and a 46-minute delay before the first pitch of the second. "Very appropriate night for a T-shirt," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "I told you I liked our guys. You'd like to see them get in return what they should get. The game's not always kind." Thursday marked the season debut of third baseman Manny Machado, who battled back from offseason knee surgery to ground out four times and pop up once in five at-bats in the second game. It doubled as the season debut of left-hander Troy Patton, who is back after serving his 25-game suspension for testing positive for amphetamines. He retired one of the three batters he faced. It signaled the triumphant Orioles return of first baseman Steve Pearce, who was released Sunday, re-signed Tuesday, hit three singles and drove in two runs to lead the way in the early victory Thursday.