Shortly after the lights came back on at the Superdome on Sunday, the 49ers' power was also restored. One of the most bizarre moments in Super Bowl history was nearly followed by the greatest comeback in the 47-year history of the NFL's biggest game. In a wild contest that featured a 34-minute delay because of a power outage, the 49ers, who trailed by 22 points early in the third quarter, fell just short in a 34-31 loss to the Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII. Trailing 34-29, San Francisco appeared poised to improve their Super Bowl record 6-0, but their game-winning drive bogged down at Baltimore's five-yard line when quarterback Colin Kaepernick threw three straight incompletions after the two-minute warning. On 4th-and-goal, Kaepernick floated a pass for Michael Crabtree in the right corner of the end zone which sailed incomplete. Jim Harbaugh fired his hat to the turf and screamed for a holding call, but officials ruled the contact cornerback Jimmy Smith made with Crabtree didn't merit a flag. After the game, Harbaugh met his brother, Ravens coach John Harbaugh, and the pair shared a handshake and a few brief words. Baltimore quarterback was named the game's MVP after throwing for 287 yards, three touchdowns and posting a 124.2 rating. In his 10th career start, Kaepernick threw for 302 yards and a touchdown. He added 62 yards on the ground and another score. Early in the third quarter, it hardly appeared this Super Bowl would have any last-minute drama. After Jacoby Jones returned the second-half kickoff 108 yards, the Ravens led 28-6. Two plays later, however, the lights went off and the 49ers woke up following the unexpected intermission. The game resumed with the Ravens leading by 22 points with 13:04 left in the third quarter. Ten minutes later, San Francisco had scored 17 points in less than two-and-a-half minutes, outgained Baltimore 103-20 since the power outage and shaved the deficit to 28-23. The rally began when Kaepernick fired a 31-yard touchdown to Crabtree, who caught the ball at Baltimore's 15, bounced off two would-be tacklers and strolled into the end zone. After the Ravens went three-and-out, Ted Ginn set up a two-play, 20-yard touchdown drive with a 32-yard punt return. Less than a minute later, Frank Gore received a crushing block from tight end Delanie Walker on safety Ed Reed and ran untouched for a six-yard score.