If the Steelers have any plans to release veteran offensive lineman Willie Colon after signing Ramon Foster to a three-year contract Monday, Colon's agent, Joe Linta, hasn't been informed.

“I've been told the opposite, to be honest,” Linta said. “Now they very well could cut him (Tuesday), but I haven't heard, and that's not what they told me. But who knows?”

Colon, who will turn 30 next month, suffered season-ending injuries (Achilles, triceps, knee) in each of his past three seasons, limiting him to only 12 games — 11 of which came last year.

Despite tearing his Achilles before the 2010 season, the Steelers signed Colon to a five-year, $29 million deal a year later. Colon turned down an offer from the Bears that would have paid him $3 million more over the life of the contract to stay with the Steelers.

“He has had a black cloud around him with injuries, and it is very sad for him because he is one of the best,” Linta said. “No guards were better than him when he was playing last year, that's for sure.”

Colon could be designated a June 1 cut, saving the Steelers $5.5 million of salary-cap space that wouldn't kick in until June 2. If they release Colon before June 1, it would save the Steelers $1.5 million immediately.

As for Foster, he has been a regular on the Steelers' offensive line since being an undrafted rookie out of Tennessee in 2009.

Foster's three-year contract calls for $6 million with a $900,000 signing bonus.