The Mariners’ efforts to lure Robinson Cano to Seattle as the latest $200 million player have apparently ended.

According to two sources briefed on the negotiations, talks between the Mariners – the free agent second baseman’s lone stalking horse — and Cano’s camp — led by rapper-turned super agent Jay Z and CAA’s Brodie Van Wagenen — collapsed after Jay Z overplayed his hand during Thursday night’s negotiating session.

Cano and his entourage arrived in Seattle with what sources described as basically an eight-year, $200 million deal in hand along with assurances that Seattle would go to nine years and $225 million, a figure confirmed late Thursday night by the Daily News.

But when Jay Z then upped the ante and demanded 10 years and $252 million – the same deal Alex Rodriguez took more than a decade ago when he left the Mariners for the Rangers — Mariners chairman/CEO Howard Lincoln apparently “exploded,” according to one of the sources, ending the meeting.

“It doesn’t look like we’re getting him,” a Mariners source said, adding that Seattle did not seem inclined to reignite talks with a player that clearly didn’t want to go there.

Cano, the top free agent available this year, now finds himself back where he started: without a second team bidding for his services and the Yankees waiting in the wings as his lone suitor.

Throughout recent weeks of this process, Cano has reportedly been traveling with Jay Z during parts of his tour.

“It makes you wonder whether this guy wants to be a rap star or a baseball player,” a baseball official said.

The Mariners’ original $225 million offer had dwarfed the Yankees’ current seven-year offer of $165-$170 million, leaving Seattle more than $50 million ahead of the Bombers, who are believed to be willing to go as high as $175 million.

That would have matched the average annual value of Seattle’s nine-year offer, though it would have been two years and $50 million behind the Mariners overall.

As of late Thursday, the Yankees had not heard anything from Cano’s camp since earlier in the week, though a team source said it was likely because of the sizeable gap that remained between the two sides.

The Yankees have maintained for weeks that they won’t give Cano 10 years or $300 million as his agents requested during the season, but even as his demands have dropped – he recently asked for a nine-year, $260 deal with a $28 million vesting option for a 10th year – the Yankees have steadfastly held to their seven-year proposal.