One day after making his first public comments since undergoing treatment in the wake of the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal, free-agent guard Richie Incognito said Wednesday he hopes to return to the team.

"Returning to the Dolphins was my number one goal from the time I got suspended," Incognito said in an interview with WSVN in Miami. "... I want to return to the community in Miami and resume my playing career as soon as possible."

On Tuesday, Incognito posted his first tweets since Feb. 18, before he underwent unspecified treatment. A person familiar with Incognito's situation said the veteran lineman was exhausted after being "dragged through the mud" in recent months.

An NFL investigation determined Incognito and two other Dolphins offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team in October. Incognito was then suspended and missed the final eight games, and he became a free agent last week when his contract with the Dolphins expired.