Utah quarterback Travis Wilson received the news he had been hoping for on Monday with doctor examinations revealing there was no change in the intracranial arterial condition that cut short his 2013 season and threatened to end his career.

As a result, Wilson has been cleared to participate in non-contact drills when the Utes begin spring practice March 18.

"We are very excited," said Wilson’s mother, JoMarie, who was in Salt Lake City with her son to hear the news Monday. "It has taken a lot of pressure off him. He has been trying to hold it together."

Wilson’s condition was discovered after he suffered a concussion against Arizona State on Nov. 9. The ensuing exams revealed the condition, leading to the decision that Wilson would not play again for the remainder of the year while doctors monitored his condition.

"Travis’ most recent studies have all been stable," said Utah team doctor David Petron in a statement. "He has been cleared to return to non-contact practice with the team and he will be re-evaluated in July."

Utah’s quarterbacks normally aren’t hit in practice, making the limitations a moot point for Wilson.

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham was unavailable for comment.

JoMarie Wilson expressed relief at the news.

"There have been a lot of things he has had to deal with this year outside of football with the death of his friend [UCLA receiver Nick Pasquale] and it’s nice to finally hear some good news," she said.