A lot of debate has happened over whether or not LeBron James is a guy you'd want taking clutch shots if the game your life or all of humanity was on the line. Guys like Carmelo Anthony Kobe Bryant Dirk Nowitzki and others are people you're supposed to want to pick to take that shot in today's NBA. Michael Jordan Larry Bird Robert Horry and Reggie Miller are historic figures that are supposed to be the selection for the mythical clutch shot.

LeBron James is dismissed by a lot of fans as an option for that shot because he doesn't have as many memorable game-winners as some of the other options. Despite being the best player in the NBA James can't seem to get that honor. He can't even get it from his peers in the NBA either. According to ESPN 26 anonymous players were polled on whether they'd want LeBron Jordan or Kobe taking the final shot of a game. Nobody picked LeBron in this situation.

While almost one-quarter of the 26 players who participated in an ESPN The Magazine poll think LeBron James will finish as the best NBA player ever none of them would want him taking the last shot if Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were also on the floor.

James received decidedly mixed reviews from the players all of whom were granted anonymity in the poll conducted for the magazine's NBA preview issue.

Asked which player they wanted to take the last shot with the clock winding down and a game on the line 88 percent of the players picked Jordan with Bryant getting the other 12 percent.

"That's like ranking the shortest giant" an Eastern Conference guard said. "I'd want the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game but I'd want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don't forget LeBron is not a great free throw shooter either."

There was one vote for Mario Chalmers but Mario Chalmers declined comment on whether or not he participated in the poll (this may or may not be something I just made up).

Should LeBron be offended that his fellow NBAers wouldn't select him if the options were Jordan Kobe and LeBron? Possibly. It's kind of hard to argue with the overwhelming majority of the players selecting Jordan who is the greatest competitor in NBA history the greatest player in NBA history and one of the greatest clutch performers sports has ever seen. The other 12 percent selecting Kobe isn't that surprising either because he's regularly at the top of player polls for final shot duties.