Three Oregon Ducks players involved in a sexual assault investigation have been dismissed from the program, the university president announced Friday.

Damyean Dotson, Dominic Artis and Brandon Austin -- who were all suspended last week following the release of a police report that linked them to a sexual assault investigation -- will not compete for the Ducks in the future, university president Michael Gottfredson announced during a news conference Friday.

"They will not be playing basketball at Oregon again," said Gottfredson, adding that coach Dana Altman's position has not been jeopardized by the recent developments.

However, questions remain about the timing of the punitive measures that were taken against the three players tied to the allegations. The three players were suspended nearly two months after the university learned of the investigation.

Gottfredson said he was "appalled" by the allegations detailed in the police report that the university received on April 24. The allegations were made by a student who said she was assaulted by the players at a postgame party and at an apartment on March 8. The alleged victim's father made the university aware of the allegations on March 9.

The Lane County District Attorney's Office, which decided against prosecution due to a lack of evidence, issued this statement Tuesday: "While there is no doubt the incidents occurred, the conflicting statements and actions by the victim make this case unprovable as a criminal case."

On Friday, Gottfredson said he was aware of a police investigation involving the three Oregon players prior to the start of the NCAA tournament, a few days after the alleged incident occurred. Dotson and Artis both played in the NCAA tournament; Austin sat out last season after transferring from Providence.