Michigan's Glenn Robinson III ended Wednesday night center stage at his father's old stomping ground.

He was the last player remaining on Purdue's home floor, fielding an interview by the Big Ten Network. He smiled wide. He'd left the Mackey Arena crowd stunned and dejected.

Robinson -- catching a long cross-court, in-bounds pass from teammate Caris LeVert with 2.9 seconds left -- banked in an are-you-kidding-me, game-winning shot to seal a 77-76 overtime victory for the Wolverines.

Stunned silence filled an arena that had been ready to celebrate a Purdue win.

The victory kept Michigan (20-7, 12-3) alone atop the Big Ten standings, pushing its lead over second-place Michigan State to a full game.

Robinson led U-M's four double-digit scorers with 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting in 39 minutes.

His big game came with his father, ex-Purdue star Glenn Robinson, looking on.

The Wolverines erased a 14-point deficit with just more than 11 minutes to go in regulation and a six-point Purdue lead with 3:24 left to force overtime. The second-half rally helped to overcome the Wolverines' 8-for-27 first-half shooting and a 37-24 halftime hole.

Purdue fell to 15-13 overall and 5-10 in the Big Ten, after being outscored 12-11 in overtime. Michigan made 6 of 10 shots in the extra session, following a 65-65 tie.

Despite never falling into an offensive rhythm, Michigan put the pieces together to erase a 63-57 Purdue lead with just more than 3 minutes to go.

Turning defensive stops into points -- something that had been missing all night -- U-M took two free throws apiece from LeVert and Nik Stauskas, along with a driving layup by LeVert, and tied the game at 63-63 with under 2 minutes left.

Two more Stauskas free throws knotted the game at 65 for the game's final minute.

Looking to take the lead with under 30 seconds remaining, Purdue instead went into fits as sophomore guard Ronnie Johnson was whistled for an offensive foul drawn by U-M's Spike Albrecht.

Holding a chance to win and 15 seconds to play, Michigan could only muster a deep, leaning 3-point attempt by Stauskas with the game clock expiring.

With Purdue leading 45-34 with under 14 minutes to go, Michigan reeled off a quick 9-0 run in just two minutes lead to turn a sleepy, lifeless game in to a late-season battle.

Just like that, Purdue led just 45-43 with 11:42 left.

It was Michigan's Zak Irvin who woke everyone up.

Playing just 70 miles from his hometown of Fishers, Ind. Irvin hit a 3-pointer and two free throws in the 9-0 spurt and followed that a few minutes later with another 3 to get Michigan within one, 50-49, with 9:14 left.

Irvin finished with eight points, while Stauskas scored 15 and LeVert added 14.

On Tuesday, Michigan senior Jordan Morgan noted that the Wolverines were "going to have a very serious approach to these last four games."