Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre says the club will consider a new contract for controversial striker Luis Suarez at the end of the season.

The Uruguayan forward publicly stated his desire to leave Anfield during the summer transfer window but a move failed to materialise.

He has since returned to first-team action after a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic scoring three goals in three games.

When questioned on whether the club would offer Suarez a new deal at the Asian Football Awards on Tuesday Ayre said: 'It's too early to say that. We deal with every player in the same way. We review all our contracts with two years to go.'

Suarez signed a new long-term contract in August 2012 tying him to the club until the summer of 2016.

But less than a year after putting pen to paper the former Ajax attacker revealed his wish to move to a club playing Champions League football.

Arsenal made an ambitious £40 million plus one pound offer for the striker which was promptly rejected by Liverpool despite Suarez's claim that the club had agreed he could move after failing to finish in the top four of the Premier League.

Putting Suarez's past misdemeanors aside Ayre was quick to praise the striker's impact since returning to Brendan Rodgers' first XI last month.

He said: 'Anfield never fell out of love with Luis Suarez.

'He is at his best when he is playing football and scoring goals. His record speaks for itself.

'He is a very talented individual who shows fantastic commitment every time he pulls on a Liverpool shirt. I'm not surprised he is back firing on all cylinders.'