No beer showers awaited Jeremy Bonderman in the Mariners clubhouse after as much a milestone of a pitching win as any the team has seen this season.

“What, you kidding me?’’ Bonderman said with a grin.

No, tenured folks like Bonderman don’t get the ale-and-ketchup treatment when they’ve been chucking baseballs in the majors since before many teammates were playing high school ball. Instead, when Bonderman won his first game in nearly three years Friday night, a 4-1 victory over the New York Yankees, his respectful peers limited any contact to a few hugs.

“That means more to me than any of the other stuff,’’ he said.

Indeed, the Pasco resident is just thrilled to be here again. His career looked done a few weeks after his last win on Sept. 8, 2010 for the Detroit Tigers.

But there he was on Friday, with dozens of friends and family members among the 26,248 at Safeco Field to see him take down the Yankees. Bonderman allowed a leadoff double, a four-pitch walk and then a run before the game was even a half-inning old.

But he found his rhythm soon after, retired 14 of his final 15 batters and would have gone more than six innings had his early struggles not run his pitch count up to 97. Still, his three-hit ball bought the Mariners time to put up a four-spot on Yankees starter Hiroki Kuroda in the fourth inning, with Michael Morse getting a two-out rally started with a ground-rule double to center.

After walks to Nick Franklin and Kelly Shoppach, Brendan Ryan and Jason Bay each lined two-out singles to complete the night’s scoring. Tom Wilhelmsen allowed a double in the ninth, but closed out Bonderman’s first victory since a time when Felix Hernandez, Justin Smoak, Franklin Gutierrez and Michael Saunders were the only current Mariners already on the team.

“I just slowed it down,’’ Bonderman said. “I didn’t try to do too much. I just tried to slow the game down and execute, stay in the bottom half of the zone and let the guys behind me do the work.’’

After years of recovering from arm woes, Bonderman battled them again in 2010, sat out all of 2011 and then underwent elbow ligament replacement surgery in April 2012. He only began throwing again last fall, signed a sight-unseen minor league deal in December and showed enough in spring training to earn an assignment in Class AAA.