The domestic violence charges against Celtics forward Jared Sullinger have been dismissed, according to Boston Globe news reporter David Abel.

Sullinger’s former girlfriend refused to testify and requested charges be dismissed against him, Abel said, and the Middlesex County district attorney’s had no choice but to drop the case. The Waltham District Court judge obliged.

Sullinger reportedly would not comment on the case but offered this response to a question about his status: “Ready to play.” The Celtics are scheduled to travel to Toronto for Wednesday’s season opener.

In early September, Sullinger first appeared in court after being arrested and charged with assault and battery, destruction of an iPhone and intimidation of a witness for allegedly pinning his then girlfriend to the bed, pushing her, grabbing her iPhone and smashing it when she attempted to call police during an argument over perceived infidelity.

“The experience was humbling and embarrassing for me,” Sullinger said in the statement early last month.