Since late March, Oregon has lost 25 percent of its touted 2012 recruiting class.

Redshirt sophomore linebacker Oshay Dunmore is the latest Duck to leave the program. The 6-foot-2, 217-pound former Newport High two-way football star and state track champion played in 10 games last season and finished with nine tackles.

Dunmore could not be reached by The Register-Guard on Tuesday after his name was removed from the roster on the Oregon athletic department website. He joins classmates Eric Amoako (defensive back), Dylan Ausherman (punter), Brett Bafaro (linebacker) and Jake Rodrigues (quarterback) on the growing list of departures.

The Ducks entered the winter strength and conditioning program with 20 members of the 21-man 2012 recruiting class, which was ranked No. 13 nationally by 247Sports and No. 16 by Rivals, still on the team.

The other member of Chip Kelly’s final class, Kyle Long, only had one year of eligibility remaining when he transferred to Oregon and was a Pro Bowl offensive lineman for the Chicago Bears as a rookie in 2013.

“Are guys going to transfer sometimes due to playing time? Sure. That happens and has happened here,” Helfrich said in February when asked about avoiding major roster attrition during his first year as head coach. “We just try to be as efficient as possible in the evaluation on the front end to hopefully have that show up down the road.”

Senior wide receiver Eric Dungy and redshirt freshman quarterback Damion Hobbs have also transferred since the Ducks finished the 2013 season with an 11-2 record and a No. 9 ranking in the final polls.

Last week Oregon granted linebacker Tyrell Robinson his release. The talented sophomore said Tuesday he doesn’t know where he will end up.