R.A. Dickey said Tuesday he is thankful the Mets did not meet his contract demands and he is thrilled to join the Blue Jays, a team he said that is "all in" to win the World Series.

The Blue Jays formally introduced the 38-year-old knuckleballer at Rogers Centre after acquiring the NL Cy Young Award winner from the Mets last month.

Dickey said the Mets helped him cultivate his knuckleball and said there is no acrimony between him and his former team, but he's glad to be moving on.

Dickey, who agreed to a $30 million, three-year deal, said if Toronto doesn't win, it won't be because general manager Alex Anthopoulos didn't try.

"You can see that he's all in, the moves that he made," Dickey said. "If we don't win, it won't be because of him."

Anthopoulos signed Dickey after being given a 72-hour window to work out a contract as part of the trade. Dickey said even before he agreed to the terms he knew he would sign with Toronto because of all it had done.

"I immediately knew that we should be very competitive," Dickey said. "I'm hoping to play 10 more years, but this could also be my last contract. And when you see that, you want to win."

Dickey said he's looking forward to calling himself a Canadian for six months a year and reinvigorating a team that hasn't reached the playoffs since winning back-to-back World Series in 1992 and '93.

"I think this can be a special few years for this city, this country and the players," he said. "I remember the glory days with Joe Carter hitting the home run against Mitch Williams."

After going 20-6 with a 2.73 ERA and leading the NL with 230 strikeouts, Dickey was scheduled to earn $5.25 million next year with the Mets. At first they offered a deal adding $14 million over two years. The Mets later increased their offer to an additional $20 million over two years, still short of what Dickey wanted.